I started this blog on August 2014, and I cannot believe after only 4 months of blogging Kara at I’m Not Snow White and Amanda at Fun in the Oven nominated me for the Liebster Award. I know it is like 4 months later, but I do appreciate them. I now accept my award and will proudly honor it.
The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers, and the nomination are received from other bloggers.
I have been provided and challenged to answer the 11 questions below, then I will nominate another 11 bloggers to answer the same questions and post them to their blog.
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
Well the title came to me in a dream. I was thinking of blogging but I needed to come up with a title. So out of nowhere “Nickely Challenged” came to my head. I think I had an assignment which required going through mental disorders and being a psychology major the name made sense.
2. What is one word that sums up the heart of your blog and why?
“LIFE” I think its because everything I write about is about my life. What I have encountered and dealt with. Even though it is all about my allergy, most of the things I deal with surround my allergy. I guess that’s what you can expect when you have a chronic allergy that is in everything.
3. What’s your favorite pastime other than blogging?
I actually have no idea. Hmm? Oh! I like watching T.V. I don’t know if that makes me seem lazy but I think I am very invested in the characters. I like all types of shows for different moods. My ratchet T.V. is when I feel bad about my life, they seem to make me feel like I got it together. I love drama shows and funny shows. Empire, Scandal, and How to Get Away with Murder are completing my life right now.
4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love that I can connect with people around the world who can relate to me. The reason I started was because I was the only one I knew and other people knew with a severe allergy or even a nickel allergy. I have met a lot of people who are as neurotic as me about their allergy and we try to help each other through it, when no one understands. I have definitely found a kinship with Miss Diagnoses, we understand each other at a level that most people won’t understand.
5. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself?
Baked Barbecue Ribs from Amanda Hicks (Fun in the Oven) because all I need to remove is the onions. It looks so tasty I am salivating through the screen. As for Kara, I would take her advice from Bubble-Wrapped: How to Find Your Strength and Throw Off Criticism. This post made me view my life differently, to take ownership of who I let in and who I remove. If I can just take control of my life, I feel it will get even easier.
6. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My blog inspiration definitely comes from my allergy. It has given me an outlet so I can portray the way I feel dealing with a chronic nickel allergy.
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit and why?
Arg! Do I have to pick one. I would love to visit Egypt. I have no idea why but I feel like I would love to see the pyramids and culture. Since they are at war now, I can’t. But I hope they consider me and stop their nonsense and be in harmony, so I can visit. The others would be South Africa, Tajikistan and Greece.
8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy & girl names?
I am planning to adopt when I am like 40. So I don’t think I will name my children but if I did name them. I definitely know my daughter would be named Esmeralda from the telenovela “Esmeralda.” In Kenya they would show it dubbed in English. As for my son, I have no idea maybe, Blane.
9. A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
I would pay my student loans and go get my Ph.D in Clinical Psychology. If I had any more left I would invest it in bonds.
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? (Include the link)
I think its “The Diary of a Mad Allergic Woman,” because it embodies my struggle with a food allergy. How I struggle everyday not to cheat on my diet but sometimes I do, and that is okay.
11. What is your favorite food?
Arg! This doesn’t seem like a hard question but it is definitely hard for me because my favorite foods are mostly things I cannot eat. For the foods I can eat, it would be the Honey Barbecue Chicken, I mostly eat the same meal months at a time because I would rather just stick to what I know, since I am allergic to everything. This meal reminds me of when I could eat out.
That is it? And I was having fun. Anyway! I have officially accepted my award.
So, next up are my nominations (based on a number of Facebook followers for their blog page, some don’t have a facebook pages so I counted that as 0):
- Christy Cushing
- Miss Diagnoses
- Creative House
- Samantha Nishell
- Rambling Socialista
- A Sparkly of your Very Own
- A Clothes Look
- I live no Lye
- Cristina Castro Cabedo
- Small Stuff Counts
Now, How to Accept your Award:
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you (see below)
- Comment on this post with your link, when you’re Liebster Award post is up on your blog, so I can see your answers!
- In your post, be sure to link back to the person and blog that nominated you and give a little thank you shout-out
- After completing the questions, nominate 11 Bloggers of your choice with under 200 followers on the social media platform of your liking, and provide a link to your post so that they know where to go/ what to do.
Here are your 11 questions:
1.How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2.What is one word that sums up the heart of your blog and why?
3.What’s your favorite pastime other than blogging?
4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
5.Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself?
6.Where does your blog inspiration come from?
7.What is one country in the world you would like to visit and why?
8.If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite boy & girl names?
9.A long lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it?
10.In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? (Include the link)
11.What is your favorite food?
Congratulations, Bloggers! Hope this award helps your readers know more about you.
Thank you again to Kara, and Amanda, for the nominations, I had fun sharing a little bit more about myself and reading your blogs!
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Diary of a Mad Airborne Allergic Woman - January 9, 2017
- Favorite Nickel Tested Products / $100 Giveaway - December 27, 2016
- “And here you are living despite it all” with allergies #worldmentalhealthday - October 10, 2016