I am very proud to say the Food Network has done it again. Another Nickel free recipe that you will join my dinner table to honor #AllergyFreeThanksgiving. Hope you will join yours.
#AllergyFreeThanksgiving: Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 strip of orange or lemon zest
- Bottled water
- salt and pepper (as desired)
- Empty a 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries into a saucepan and transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl.
- Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip orange or lemon zest and water to the pan till it covers all the cranberries and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and cool to room temperature before serving.
Gluten Free, Vegan, Nickel Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Onion Free, Seed Free, Corn Free
Thank You for stopping by, it is much appreciated.I am neurotically Nickely Challenged😫, food lover 🍱, social rock🙍, & trying to navigate this adult life as nickel free as possible😓 I would love to hear what you thought about the post, so comment below.
Latest posts by Barbara (see all)
- Diary of a Mad Airborne Allergic Woman - January 9, 2017
- Favorite Nickel Tested Products / $100 Giveaway - December 27, 2016
- “And here you are living despite it all” with allergies #worldmentalhealthday - October 10, 2016